|This site is completely ad-free. Please Support us by making a donation.|
The following is a collection of Skyrim mods that are great for players who are Pagans, Wiccans or witches, or anyone who wants to add these elements to the game.
I LOVE Skyrim. Seriously. I’ve played other games, but I keep coming back to this one. I love that if I get bored with it, I can change out the mods and have a new experience. Since I love it so much, I decided that it would be cool to make up a list of mods that would appeal to alternative-spirituality folks such as myself. I hope you like it.
Please note that I haven’t used all of the mods in this list, so I’m not sure if they’re all as cool as they sound. Before installing any mod, please back up your game, then check for any compatibility issues on the download page. Nothing sucks quite as much as installing a fun sounding mod only to have it break your game!
- Runic Pentagram Necklace – This is a pretty cool looking pentagram necklace that replaces the texture for one of the default enchanted necklaces.
- House for witches and druids – A pretty sweet looking little player home that seems perfect for a witch, especially one who wants to grow lots of herbs at home.
- Minor Arcana – Another player home, inspired by tarot cards. It’s got some nice design elements to it and isn’t your average house.
- Seax-Wica Runes Main Font Replacer – If you happen to be fluent in reading runes, this mod will replace all the content of the game with runic text. I’m not sure why anyone would want this, but hey, if you happen to be able to read runes, you might think it’s pretty cool.
- Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (CACO) – I have this mod, and I absolutely love it! It makes some things a bit complicated, but you can cook tons of food, make amazing potions, and even make poultices and alchemical bombs. You gain levels in cooking for using the pot, and cooking better food actually makes it do more for you. I never carried or ate food until I got this mod. Now I carry food around for its benefits, and I enjoy figuring out new recipes. As for the alchemy, it’s amazing. You can make so much more than before, and you’ll even be able to get interesting ingredients like goat eyes and troll blood to work with.
- Magic Candles – A mod that changes the color of all the candles in your game. This can add a more mystical look to the game.
- Haven Bag – Apparently inspired by Harry Potter, it’s a bag that has a huge amount of space inside and you can even live in it. From what I’ve heard, this thing is like cheating, so you might not want to use it until you’re a pretty high level and can justify the use of it.
- Immersive College of Winterhold – If I hadn’t already completed the College quests, I might download this one. It seems to give you a whole new experience at the college, making it more immersive with more to do and a much deeper story. This is a pretty extensive gameplay mod.
- Bandolier – Bags and Pouches – I have this mod. This is a great way to extend your carrying capacity, and look cool doing it. In addition to plain bags, you can get book holders, vial holders and other pouches that look pretty cool for a magical practitioner.
- Witchcraft – This is a pretty interesting sounding mod that apparently lets you choose to play as a White Witch or Dark Witch, and has new spells, powers and ingredients for each type.
- Flyable Broomstick – The name says it all! If you want to fly around on a broom, go try this mod.
- Apocalypse – Magic of Skyrim – I’m playing an archer right now, but when I play again, I’m going to be a mage, and I’m getting this mod. This is supposed to be one of the very best mods for making magic users actually worth playing, by adding more spells and powers and useful tree perks.
- Lanterns and Candles – This mod allows you to craft and place candles and lanterns anywhere in the game. Perfect for all your ritual needs!
- Silly Level of Detail – Potions and Poisons – A mod that makes all the potions you craft worth collecting and displaying. Turn those plain old bottles into something beautiful.
- Spriggan Follower – Kriju – This sounds really interesting. It apparently allows you to have a Spriggan as a follower, which sounds pretty cool.
- Ordinator – Perks of Skyrim – I have this mod, and it’s a must in my opinion. This makes alchemy and magic worth using. Actually, it makes every skill in the game vastly better by overhauling and expanding the whole skill tree. One of my favorite things that it adds is “Wild Companion” which will allow you to tame just about any creature in the game and have it fight at your side. I currently have a Vale Sabre Cat companion, and it is about the coolest thing ever. It also adds fun abilities like singing for money and making enemies dance themselves to death. You can also find spirit guides and other teachers in the game for even more skills. If you have CACO, you’ll want to get this patch: CACO-Ordinatored. (I fully recommend having both mods.)
Do you know of any other Pagan/Wiccan/witchy mods for Skyrim? Let me know, I might add them to the list!