1 necklace, 1 pair of earrings
- Brass lobster claw clasp on necklace, brass French hook earwires.
- Quadruple strung on .004 nylon thread for strength.
- Earrings are made of gold-tone steel wire wrapped in two shades of blue beads with gold bead accents.
- The necklace features two strands of glass seed beads in turquoise and royal blue. Gold colored round beads separate it into sections.
- The pendant is one that used to be part of my personal unicorn and Pegasus collection.
Necklace: 19.5″ L (pendant 1″ round) | Earrings: 2.2″ L x 1.3″ W
- Blue: communication, willpower, focus, forgiveness, good fortune, weight loss, truth, fidelity, patience, harmony, removing negativity, sincerity, astral projection, water, health, psychic awareness, intuition, opportunity, understanding, dreams, protection, meditation
- Light blue: change, travel, intellect, creativity, healing, peace, prosperity, growth, spirituality, meditation, protection
- Gold: masculinity, luxury, power, success, confidence, creativity, divinity, abundance, solar magic, justice, health, attraction, energy, strength, mental ability
- Glass: transformation, rebirth, focus, communication, all four elements
acrylic beads, glass beads, colored steel wire, nylon thread, brass lobster claw clasp, brass French hooks
I’ve mentioned before how I have a collection of various pendants that I’ve gathered over the years. I’ve actually had this particular one since I was young, from back when I was really into collecting Pegasus and unicorn stuff. This was once a prized part of my collection, but it was long past time for it to find a new home. I knew that if I just gave it a bit of thought I could turn the pendant into a really nice jewelry set.
Originally, I wanted to make a rainbow for the necklace. Unfortunately, I’m sorely lacking in certain colors of beads. I didn’t have enough of the right colors in the right finishes to make a good looking rainbow. After a little bit of sitting and staring at what beads I did have, I decided to go with two shades of opaque blue. I think they pick up the blue from the pendant quite nicely. I went with two looped strands rather than one solid one to add some interest. A plain string of beads is so boring!
When it got to the earrings I decided to make hoops so that they would flow well with the round shape of the pendant. I even took apart the earwires and replaced the gold bead with a blue bead that matches the two in the center of the necklace. I think little details like that can really bring a set together.
Honestly, I think this pendant is even more special now than it was before. It started its life hanging from a humble faux gold chain, and now it’s part of this beautiful set. The blues and gold look so lively, I can just imagine the Pegasus magically leaping out to frolic in the sunlight.