- Seeds will come in an individually hand folded origami envelope, tied with pure white cord
- Seeds are collected from the wild and will vary slightly in size and color. Some seeds may have small insect bore holes, but there are no insects inside the seeds.
- These seeds make a rattling noise and are wonderful for fairy or spirit rattles.
- These can be used as altar items, in poppets, or for whatever purpose you choose.
- This product is not intended for culinary use. Do not eat.
2.5″ L x 2.5″ W (packet)
- Mesquite: protection, healing, love, dreams, and purification
seeds, paper, cord
I mentioned on the listing for our Mesquite thorns, how it was that I came to have them in the shop. Well, while I was out collecting branches for thorns, I saw that the tree produced these long, interesting seed pods. I really wanted to list the pods for sale in the shop because they were interesting looking and made a wonderful rattling noise. Unfortunately, the storms had made the ground quite wet, and a lot of the pods were rotting. There was no way I could sell rotten pods. However, I’m not one to be undone by a little setback.
I decided that if I couldn’t sell the pods, I could certainly still offer the seeds. Seeds are frequently used in all types of magic, and the ones in the mesquite pods were lovely little things. There were far more on the ground than nature needed, so I gathered up a bagful and took them home.
I sat down in my yard and proceeded to break open the pods and collect the seeds. Unfortunately, many of them had been bored into by insects or were molding, so I had to throw them away. I was left with sadly little for my efforts, but I was still happy. Nature had given me an opportunity to bring another interesting new product to my shop.
I’d actually love to know what people end up doing with these seeds. Even out of the pod they still make a nice sound and I do think they’d be great for rattles of some sort.
Please note that no promise of results is offered or implied with this item. This product is only a ritual supply and the energy and intention of the user will decide the final outcome of its use.