You Get: 1 pair of earrings
- Brass French hook earwires.
- A long, almost diamond shape is made of dark copper wire with two swoops.
- Between the swoops two vintage rose beads and one gold colored round bead are suspended.
- On the front of the shapes fine copper wire is used to wrap gold colored beads.
- The same fine wire secures amber glass beads along the back of the shape.
3.4″ L x 1.4″ W
- Amber: skillfulness, magic, witches, witchcraft
- Gold: masculinity, luxury, power, success, confidence, creativity, divinity, abundance, solar magic, justice, health, attraction, energy, strength, mental ability
- Copper: growth, fertility, career, passion, money, success, love, relationships
copper wire, acrylic beads, glass beads, brass French hook earwires
Aren’t these lovely? I certainly think they are. Especially when I remember that they’re just made from leftovers. You see, I hardly ever throw away materials due to the fact that I can’t afford to buy a lot. I hold onto anything that might have future use. every once in a while I take a look at all the little bits that I have and try to turn them into something. It can be a real challenge, but sooner or later everything finds a new life.
These earrings are made from small amounts of three different kinds of beads that I had stocked away. Obviously, none of them was enough to make an item all on their own, but they came together beautifully in this pair. It was a challenge too, since when I made these I hadn’t done any wire wrapping in quite a while and I had to get my hands back into the feel of doing it. Luckily, i picked back up fast, and I was able to bring these together.
I’ve been struggling to remember where the beads I used here came from. I think the roses were from something my great grandmother had and the rest of the beds were from an old purse I got at a yard sale. If you’ve read much on this site, you know I gather all sorts of materials to repurpose, and sometimes I have them for so many years before I use them, that I forget where they came from.
I think that Rose Queen is a perfect name for these too. When I look at them I can totally see some elven queen of flowers wearing them. They’re delicate and pretty and kind of earthy looking. Hopefully whoever buys these is going to feel like a queen every time she wears them.