Flavorful Chicken Strips
*Deep fryer required*
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1-2 cups Chicken Wing Sauce or your favorite barbecue sauce
- Cut off all gristle & skin bits that may still be on the breasts. Slice lengthwise into 1/2 thick strips.
- In a wide, shallow bowl or dish, place your sauce. In another, mix the flour & bread crumbs.
- Dredge each slice of chicken in the sauce, then roll in the breading mix. For extra-crispy strips, dredge & coat a second time.
- Fry strips for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain and place on baking rack or napkins
*It can take some practice to learn how long to cook the meat. I suggest doing 1 strip first, cut it & check it, so you can adjust the cook time to your model of deep fryer.*
Tasty Potato Wedges
- 3 cups frozen unseasoned steak fries
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp minced parsley
- black pepper, garlic powder & seasoned salt
- Olive oil or canola oil
- Place a thin layer of oil in a frying pan. Add onions, parsley, potatoes & powdered spices. (amount of powdered spices is all up to your personal taste) Fry for about 5 minutes, drain off excess oil.
- Transfer wedges to a foiled cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until crispy & brown, turning at least once for even cooking.
You can also do this with fresh potatoes, cut into wedges. If you use fresh potatoes, fry them in the pan until they are fork-tender, then transfer them to the oven for about 15 additional minutes.
**Note: Photo is not of my food. I will replace this with a proper photo next time I make the dish.**