I’m No Longer Allergic to Mushrooms! - BrianaDragon Creations

I’m No Longer Allergic to Mushrooms!

Be sure to check out our shop! New customers get a 5% off coupon!
Posted by / August 14, 2013 / 0 Comments

Support BDC

$0 of $10,000 raised

BrianaDragon Creations respects user privacy and I want you to enjoy your time on my site. As a result, I don’t have any image or video ads on the site to generate income. This means that I depend on reader donations to keep the site going. Your donations let me know that you appreciate me providing you with quality content and an ad-free experience. You’re also helping me with life in general, since the blog, crafts and art are my full time job. A gal’s gotta get paid, right? Show your support and leave a donation today!

$ 3.00
Personal Info

Donation Total: $3.00

Image: Public Domain, Pixabay

Image: Public Domain, Pixabay

For the last 36 years of my life I have had an allergy to mushrooms. A real allergy. If I had so much as the tiniest lick or bit, my throat would swell, breathing would be difficult and fear of the hospital was a very real thing. It caused a lot of stress for me and for my family, who had to constantly worry about me accidentally getting mushroom in food and possibly dying.

A month or so ago I came to a shocking discovery. I had eaten mushroom and lived! Apparently, the Mahatma Wild Rice I enjoyed so much had mushroom in it, and I had not seen it on the label. I’d eaten half the package with no ill effects. I was so shocked! After that I started to wonder if maybe I was cured of my allergy.

I started tasting little bits of mushroom anytime someone else in the house had food with mushrooms in it. I kept the pieces small and always had ice water on hand just in case. I’d eat a bit, and no reaction. I started eating a little more each time. I actually ate half a stuffed mushroom at a restaurant and had no issues. Excitement started to kick in. Mushrooms are so tasty!

Well, last night was the big test. We made chicken cacciatore with portabellas in it. I was a little worried, that’s a lot of mushroom. Well, I ate my whole portion and I’m still here to tell you about it! I did get a little bit of a stoned feeling for a while after, but it faded. So apparently, I’m no longer allergic, which is amazing. I get to eat tasty mushrooms and not have the constant fear that anything I eat might kill me. They put mushroom in a LOT of food, so it was always a fear. Now that fear is gone.

I’m very surprised and very happy. Apparently only about 2% of the population is allergic to mushrooms, and only 15-20% of adult food allergy sufferers ever overcome it, so I’m a fairly rare case. It’s all good for me though. This is about the best news ever. Now I’m wondering if I can (or if I have) overcome my wool and seafood allergies.

Disclaimer: Links on this site may lead to affiliate sources to help support this blog. We appreciate all purchases, but you are under no obligation. Not all linked products have been tested by the site owners.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!